6/27/2011

Glastonbury

0

Oh my God! I'm gonna swear in the way that Americans swear now. I went to Glastonbury! I loved it! I want to go again!

My day started at 7:15 when I went to work to get the residents ready to go and get them into the van and go off. There were 3 residents and 3 carers, including me. Getting to the parking area in Glasto wasn't the easiest one, but after about an hour of struggling, we were in the disabled camp and had processed our tickets into wristbands. Then we loaded people off and started heading towards the main stage- Pyramid. It was a bit muddy and I had to push the only manual chair. Luckily there were two really nice lads who helped me to the disabled ramp near the stage. Aww, bless them. Then I waited for the two other residents to come to the ramp, because it took a bit more time for them to come as they didn't have the lads and they also thought I got lost. But we sorted it all out.
So.... The sun was shining, it was a lovely day. We had the meals and sorted everything out and then just enjoyed the music. I listened to Fisherman's Friends, The Low Anthem, Don McLean. When Don McLean got on the stage, I walked down to the stage and took a closer picture oh him. He played "American Pie" and I recorded it. Lovely! Absolutely lovely!
Then after the American Pie I was given some time to wander around so I decided to go the the stage named John Peel and see OK Go. Before they got on the stage I saw a little bit of the Joy Formidable, who were really powerful and loud.
Then. About OK Go! They are so cool!!! Although they didn't dance on the stage, their performance was magnificient. The sound was good, and they communicated with the audience a lot. They sang songs with us and asked us to sing along. The singer asked during the song "Here it goes again" if someone played guitar and then invited one guy on the stage, handed him his guitar and showed which chords to play and then the guy played with the band and the singer sang! It was so coool! And then after some more songs, the singer asked us to sing along to one of their songs and then got off the stage and stood on the barrier right in front of me and sang there and then he went swimming into the audience. I touched him- he was right above me. The swim didn't last long because there wasn't very many people so he got back to the stage quite soon. But it was just brilliant! I love Ok Go. And I got to see all their most famous songs! Ahhhh! I loved them!

After Ok Go finished, I went back to our place, although it took time, because it was mud everywhere. But it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I saw Paul Simon and Plan B then after them, I saw Pendulum! Damn, they were good! I really liked them! I danced along to them.

And then in the evening I also saw Beyonce. I was stunned that I knew so many of her songs! But the show was great, she went and shook the hands of the people in the first row. And it was huge! 175 ooo people just watching her. It's almost 1/10 of Estonian population! And you could see it in front of you. Amazing.

I just got home about 2 hrs ago and now am staying up because I don't find much point in going to bed that late any more. I'm still going to Estonia in 4 hrs time! Ahhhh!
Brilliant!

I am so happy right now!
Glastonbury was just so cool, massive, muddy and a proper festival! Ahhhh! So so so unbelievable and cool. I've got loads of videos and nice pictures. My camera's battery died right before Beyonce came on the stage, but I don't mind. I will get the pictures from the internet.

Glastonbury is just amazing! I love it!

0 comments: