6/18/2011

Royal Ascot

1

On Wednesday I went to Royal Ascot which is a horseracing event and it's a very posh one. All the ladies have to wear dresses and ridiculous hats. I didn't wear a hat- I had only some shiny flower-jewellery in my hair. It's the event where the queen goes and people will have the possibility to see her driving past them in the carriage in the beginning of the day.

When we arrived there, we were a bit late and until we got through the ticket barriers the queen had already started to drive with the carriage. So I basically ran uphill while pushing the wheelchair and managed to get through the crowd and saw a her. Waving at us. I also saw other Royalties but can't recognize them.

The race was great. We had fun betting on the horses. Everybody won around 14 pounds, except me. Hmmm. Why am I not suprised? I never win. How come am I not lucky with love then?? Isn't it supposed to be that when you're not lucky in gambling, you're lucky in love....

Anyway. It was showering once in a while and it was pretty chilly day. But we all enjoyed it- had some fish and chips. It was a nice day out.

I also saw some funny hats and some really nice ones. And the dresses. In some cases British women have a very good taste in dressing up, but in loads of cases it's just disgusting. Big ladies wearing very tight dresses, no tights. You can see everything. And the dresses are short..... It's just ugly. But well- what can I say- welcome to UK- a country of mind freedom!

1 comments:

Pluxu™ said...

One of my dreams is to go to a formal-dress event like that. Though I don't particularly like wearing dresses. I prefer skirts and blouses.

Glad U had fun and saw a her (the Queen). ;)