6/03/2011

The drama with the birds

2

Yesterday evening when I came back from leisure centre, I heard a creeping voice from the wall of my room. I thought that there might be a mouse stuck somewhere. Then I forgot about it.
But I was forced to remember it again today morning at 5am when the creature inside my wall started making noise and moving around. No sleep any more. Then I finally managed to fall asleep again and when I woke up I thought I had dreamed everything. But no. I heard the voice again.

So I let the management know about the problem and they called a man who had a look into the chimney and told me it must be a bird. And that they have to take the wall down.
They didn't take it down today, but will do it on Monday. Which means that I will have a great lack of sleep this weekend (not that I'm not going to have it anyway) and will hear a bird dying in the wall of my room.
At the moment my bed is moved away from this wall so my room has been kind of refurnished and looks weird. There is no point in vacuuming it because on Monday it will look awful. Some people are going to break into the chimney from my room and clean it (because apparently there is a big bird nest on top of the chimney and some pieces of it have fallen down, including the bird). So it will all be dusty and I guess starting from Monday, I will have a big whole in my room.
And I'm gonna have to clean my room very much on Monday evening.

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

But something sweet now- one of the residents who I assist a lot during meals misunderstood something and thought for 15mins that I was going home on Monday. Going for eternity. So he asked me with a very sad look and when I told that I'm not going anywhere before the next February, he looked a lot happier. I also told him that he can't get rid of me that easily and fast. He looked relieved.

Awwwwww.

2 comments:

Liis said...

Vaene linnuke :(

Kaie said...

Nii kurb lugu. :(

(aga see resident oli küll armas)

Küll on irooniline, et allolev turvasõna on sessesse.. Sealt saab vähemalt kahel korral välja lugeda sõna "sess". :S