6/22/2011

My new home

1

I've not completely settled myself in, in my new apartement. It's lovely. I don't feel like living in a guesthouse anymore. It's not a perfect 5-star hotel-style place and I love it. The floor has got some candle wax dripped on it, the walls aren't the cleanest, there are spiderwebs all over the place (or were, now I got rid of them- revenge from to spiders?). The toaster doesn't work perfectly- it burns the toast from one side. I can't have a shower, only bath, because from the shower there comes only cold water. It's not all renovated. And it's a bit messy, just like a home should be. I don't have to worry about people coming to my room, I don't hear people being hoisted at 8am on Saturday. I have wifi in here.
And still, the best of all- I have a kitchen! And I've tried it out. I made pasta with spinach and cheese on Sunday. Absolutely brilliant. And I have two apartement-mates who are talkative.

I can say that I'm a lot happier now that I've moved away from the St. Michael's home. The gatehouse lodge is cosy. All the tiny not-properly-working things that I have here, make the place home.

Home is a place that's not perfect. It has it's own faulties and mistakes. But that's what makes a home a home. It's not supposed to be for showing, it's supposed to be for living.

And I can burn candles here!

1 comments:

Kaie said...

Kõlab lahedalt! :)

Ja sa saad küünlaid põletada!! :D