3/02/2011

Today is gonna be the day.....

0

That I will start my big trip. But firstly I want to talk about my last days in Estonia.
I spent 2,5 days in the village and it was a very great time over there. When I went there we had sauna. My last sauna before I leave. It was so great- there were a lot of volunteers and workers. We talked, had much fun. I was one of the last people to leave the sauna and then it was 6 in the morning. Or something like that. I slept at night (or the morning) alltogether very little time and then went to work. Although I was tired, I wasn't very much sleepy and I had a lot of energy. I was cooking and made bread also. I had much fun with Janno, who was in a great mood all day and sang and did funny things. It was a very busy day and I finished work at 11 in the evening. By the evening I was already tired. On Monday I was working in Sõbra maja and it was Taavi's birthday. Before the day started I took C,C and O to the bus stop because they had to go to Tallin for their on-arrival. After that I woke everybody up in the house and we sang birthday song. I helped Huko to cook and did some handicrafts- after 5 years of no crotcheting I did it again and I made this kind of accessory-mittens for Karo. I had never made this kind of stuff before and they came out very beautiful (although with some small mistakes in them, but I can explain that with the fact I hadn't done anything like this in 5 years). She was very happy when I gave them to her. :) She gave me self-made earrings. Really lovely. I got so many leaving presents from everybody- it was slightly weird- I mean, I'm coming back. Rootsi and Sõbra maja gave me small books with quotes about friendship and wisdom. I also got some body lotions, cards, and one rabbit (from Reeda). I am really going to miss the village. On Monday evening Siiri came to me to say goodbye. I was really surprised by that, because she isn't that kind of person. But I am really happy that she came. On Monday evening we sat together with the workers and played Carcassone and just chatted. I already really miss everybody. On Tuesday morning I said goodbye to everybody in the village and wrote bye-bye notes to the blackboards of all the houses. And then I left the place and came home. I did some last-minute shopping and now I'm packing my stuff.
Since yesterday afternoon my phone has been red all the time and everybody are calling me to say the last goodbyes and ask if we still have a chance to meet up. It's not possible any more because I have not got enough time.
I got some pictures from Karo about the things we have done together so I will upload some of them here.
Oh, it's so sad to go and at the same time I'm happy. I know it's gonna be great over there. I'm not scared about going, that's for sure. It's just the sadness about not seeing people I love for a long time. I'm afraid that if I come back, there has come a distance between us....
But that's the future.

And I've still got skype and and some kind of internet... :)







0 comments: