3/03/2011

In the nature

6

I'm finally at my new home.
My first impression of Bristol was that it's fast- I mean I got my luggage from the airport exactly after getting to the baggage reclaim. I have never received my luggage that fast in any airports I've been to. So that was just great. And then I went to arrivals department where my mentor was already waiting for me. The ride to Axbridge was so fast and I already found out a lot of stuff about my work and everything.
So..
About Axbridge now. Well, this place is awesome.I'm in the middle of the nature and the town is just easy walking distance. 500m or so. There are rabbits running around, sheep and cows eating grass, birds singing, squirrels climbing. There are cliffs, mountains (for me they are mountains) right behind the house. I can go for a walk and the next city, Cheddar, is also close (2 km) from me. I drove to there today also and there's a place where I can go swimming and do sports. I have my own bicycle in here and can drive around in the area. In Cheddar there are really awesome cliffs. I really fell in love with this place. And I will probably get myself a guitar soon, too. My mentor has got one and she doesn't play it, so she promised to lend it to me. :)
About my work. I can't do anything around here for some days because I need to be trained for everything. I mean, when in the village I lifted people and drove and danced with wheelchairs then in here I need to be trained for this. I can't even make tea without training. This is just amazing how limited my actions are. But I will get the training on the next week.
The house itself is a place where a while ago used to be nursed people who had TB and there were nuns living here. So it's looking a bit like an old monastery. I am living on the second floor of it and the residents are on the 1st floow. On the ground floor there are offices and kitchen. The house is really big and old. I've got stickers on all my chargers in here now, because they had to be checked before I could plug them. Here are living 36 residents and 18 workers. So there are very many new names to remember. And the house is also like a labyrinth. But I'm already capable of walking around in here. I guess I'll go for a walk in the surroundings soon... To enjoy the nature.
When I got here then there were pictures of me and Gaye up on all the boards with our names on it. Everybody are so welcoming and helpful that it's just amazing.
What else... I even don't know what to talk about right now. Oh, maybe I'll go to Cardiff tomorrow. It's quite possible...
Anyway. I'm glad to be here. It's so warm and different. And I already feel like home.

6 comments:

Kerttu said...

äge!

Liis said...

:) väga lahe ja mõnus kirjeldus..

Kaie said...

Tõepoolest kihvt!
Nii äge oli lugeda, kuidas jänesed ja oravad ringi jooksevad ning kuidas kõik nii sõbralikud on. :)

Gerda said...

Cardiff!? I am so jealous!!!
:D

Anonymous said...

Väga hea, et sa rõõmsalt kohale jõudsid ja su esmamuljed nii head on =)

Pluxu™ said...

Äge! Äge! Äge!
Aaaah. Ma ei suuda ära oodata kuna mina ka Inglismaa loodust näha saan...kardan, et see aeg on veel kaugel...
Aga tubli oled ja ma jään kannatamatult su uut update'i ootama. Kallistan!