3/24/2011

Chew Valley Lake

1

I went today to Chew Valley Lake with some residents. We fed the ducks and swans and just had a lovely day out. I found out that there's basically no place in the UK where you could go swimming. I mean natural lakes or places like that. You could go to seaside and swim there, but it's contaminated and not healthy. And it's forbidden to swim in the lakes, because they are usually owned by water companies that have generators at the bottom of the lake so you might be sucked into a generator when you swim above it- to avoid such things it's forbidden to go swimming. So only pools are places where you can actually go swimming.
And now my dream about having a sauna somewhere in here with a nice swim in a pond or lake is completely gone....






PS: Gaye is coming tomorrow :) And I will go to Leeds for my on-arrival training! Ha! Leeds! I don't know why, but I've always wanted to go there!

1 comments:

Gerda said...

Lovely, indeed :)
And you know what the solution for your lake problem is? You need to dig one for yourself! (Naturally :D)