3/26/2011

I still feel that's it unreal that I'm actually here

2

I mean, I have been in the country for almost a month now. Or actually, it's one week left from one month, but it doesn't feel like I've been here for a month. Yeah, I've gotten used to living here and everything is great, but time flies by really fast. Faster than I expected it to do. I guess that's the thing that all the EVS volunteers keep telling me about.
But I've been here for almost a month and still haven't realised that I'm here. It's like a weird dream from what you can wake up every minute. I feel like everything I do and see here, is a dream. A very good dream. I like to observe all the people- at the reservoir all the couples walk around and hold hands, people walk their dogs. It seems like a scene from a movie and I feel like I'm in the movie. But it's not real. I really like to observe all the people everywhere. We had a walk around in Axbridge with Gaye today and I saw a typical scene from a movie- there was one block of buildings and in front of them parents were playing ball with their children. Good, happy times. But still, it's like I'm observing. Nothing else.
I guess the realization that I was in the UK will come after I will leave the country.
But it feels so damn good to be here. Unreal, but good.

And I love it.

And what more? I don't miss home or people over there at all. In the beginning I had the strategy that I will not think about home and Estonia while I'm staying here and now I just can't seem to think about it. It's like another life. I have one life in here. Or like they say it in Doctor Who- it's like a parallel universe.
So whenever I try to think about Estonia, it doesn't work very well. I guess I can't just connect two different places. In my mind they are two different worlds, two lives, two people.
But still, as I said, I like it.

And that's what matters the most.

PS: Gaye is here and life is beautiful!

2 comments:

Kerttu said...

"I don't miss home or people over there at all."
At all? :( See on küll kurb... aga eks sellel on omad plussid sinu jaoks :)
Kallid! Naudi edasi :P

Maria said...

No natuke ikka, aga ma ei mõtle Eesti peale nii palju, kui ma oleks arvanud.
Ja koduigatsus tuleb, ma olen siin ju nii vähe aega olnud, et see ei ole veel jõudnud peale tulla.
Aga pre-departure koolituselt õppisin, et paar kuud pärast EVS algust tuleb koduigatsus ka! :)