2/16/2011

Buses in Estonia suck.

3

I just checked the bus times to Tallinn to be sure that the 11 pm bus goes on the 2nd of March.
And guess what? It doesn't go! So my options are to go with a bus that costs double the prize and will be in Tallinn at 05:10 which means 1,5 hours before my plane will leave or to go with the 9pm bus which is the latest the previous day.
When I go with the bus on the night of the 3rd my chances of missing the plane are pretty much existing. Although 1,5 hours in Tallinn airport is more than enough time to catch the plane, I can never be sure whether the bus will arrive at the exact time and will not break on the road.
And when I go with the 9pm bus, then I will have a lot of time in the airport to try to sleep. And it's exactly trying to sleep because the benches in the airport are made of metal, are very uncomfortable and it's cold to sleep there.
Right now I started thinking about L telling me that he'll come to Tallinn with me to send me away.... In the beginning I completely rejected this offer because it's pointless for him. Well, it's pointless for him now anyway but it has some kind of point to me... More than it had before.

But no, I guess I will not force anyone to come to Tallinn with me. And I will not ask it either. It's better that way.... I mean, people have their own lives to live. I'll go and live mine.

3 comments:

Pluxu™ said...

Still. It would be nice to have someone to send you off wouldn't it?
You can also go a day or two earlier and stay with friends if someone happens to have time to spend with you and room to keep you in.
Ask around, maybe someone has an opening during that time in their schedule?

Best of luck!

Gerda said...

Maria, sleep is for the weak. I say go with the 9pm bus and sit on facebook the rest of the night. Or knit a scarf.

Maria said...

I know sleep is for the weak and I know that I'll skip the night :)

Facebook is a pretty good idea by the way. I mean- I've got the whole night to spend alone probably... I can do something in my computer!