2/21/2011

Travelling with music vol. 3

1

While listening to music today I remembered all of a sudden that I have made in my blog the thing I call travelling with music. And I thought I should do it again. This time I chose a song that most of the people know and probably know the lyrics, too, but which is a great song to travel with. At least for me.

Travelling with music is this kind of thing where you just go with the flow. You just listen to the music and go wherever it takes you. You will see a picture or a scene that's completely created by your mind. It's a rather interesting thing to do.

So to remind the rules:
Close your eyes and listen to the music. Don't watch the video. Just focus on the music. As a whole. Don't listen to lyrics separatedly- they might distract your vision. Whatever a person sees, is individual. After the track has finished playing write into comments, what you saw. Don't read the comments of other people before listening to the track. They might distract you.

There's nothing wrong if people don't see anything during this track because some people don't simply see anything or they are just distracted by lyrics or know the song too well...

I will post my vision into comments.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Alright.
So the first time I heard this song, I was in my friends' room and we listened to the whole soundtrack of Donnie Darko. The room was made as dark as possible and this song was one of the last ones playing. But I remember the vision I got with this song clearly. As it usually happens to me in travelling with music, I tend to see only one kind of vision with a certain song.
So with this song I always see in the beginning a partly hazy picture of an amusemnt park. It seems like it's taken from some kind of horror movie, that's old. I'm sure there are a lot of scenes like this in many movies. There's noise in the scene. I see parents and children having fun and also arguing about going to merry-go-rounds. I see parents handing their children the pink cotton candy, I see a big London Eye kind of big wheel in the distance. It's late evening. On the right side there's a merry-go-round with horses and other kind of animals. Music is playing, the lights are magical. It's kind of like high-on-drugs vision of the park. Everything is messy and colourful and there are so many things in the eyesight you can't focus on any of them but focus on all the details at once.
And then at the same time as the amusement park is crowded I see a parallel vision of this park being abandoned and closed. The picture is black and white. It's windy and old newspapers are laying in the ground and flying around, barely alive. Everything is dead and the merry-go-round with horses is staying lonely in it's place hoping to see some visitors. All this vision put together is like a movie scene that reminds the viewers the amusement park that once was so famous and attractive and was then closed because of some kind of disaster or accident that happened in it.

It's like a scene from a movie. I think I even know which movie it might have been, but I don't know the name. I just have glimpse from this movie. It's this exact scene...

But I just love the vision I get when travelling with this song.