9/11/2011

Strawberry line aka route 26

0

I had a pretty efficient day today. The original plan to be lazy and do nothing didn't work out.

So to start with, in the morning I cleaned the bathroom. After that I decided that it's nice and sunny and it will probably be like that for the next 2 hrs so I took my bicycle and went to Yatton. The bicycle path that I always cycle is called the Strawberry line and the only part of it that's completely ready is going from Cheddar to Yatton. It's 11 miles long.
So I cycled the whole way to Yatton. It was a lovely path- in the nature, almost no dual carriageways or any other roads the cars drive on. There were lots of people cycling and picking blackberries. There were people fundraising money to build some new cycle paths (they wanted 5 quid a month which I obviously couldn't give them).
In the end of the cycle path there was a cafe named Strawberry line and it was held by people with learning disabilities. One of my reasons to cycle the path was to go to this cafe. I had an ice cream and a tea there and some of the workers in the cafe were indeed with learning disabilities. Lovely way for them to earn some money. The cafe itself was cosy and reminded a little bit of Genialistide club in Tartu. It had tradeable books and all kinds of ads on the walls. And it was tiny, had some couches in it. The cafe is in the railway station so you could see the trains going past you all the time.

On my way back I talked to a man who told me that there are some really nice cycle paths on the coast of south England in Cornwall county. I have been thinking about going there already for a while and now I think I might actually do it. Cycle to Weston, catch a train from there to Penzance and make it a day trip.

When I got home it was still sunny so I decided to go and pick some apples and blackberries. The last ones I turned into jam and made some pancakes to eat with the jam. Lush!

And I planted my basil seeds and now just have to hope that they will actually start growing. We will see.

I would say that I had a very nice day. And I'm a bit tired now, but I've still got loads to do.







0 comments: