9/05/2011

Bath

0

This weekend I had a small daytrip to an old Roman city called bath which is about 45mins away from here. I went there with one of my co-workers and another co-worker of mine showed us around because she is local.
Bath is as big as Tartu (by the amount of the inhabitants) and is an old Roman city. It's got really nice architecture dating back to Victorian age in most cases and actually to old Roman empire when Romans were ruling UK.
The city has got old Roman Therms in it- where Brutus used to go to take baths and talk to all the other aristocrats.
We also went to a Sally Lunn's bun cafe where they made really nice bun sandwiches and I bought some home with me, too. The buns are really soft and got loads of holes in them and are really nice. I loved them.
The whole day was really nice and I would like to actually live in Bath if it wasn't that crowded with tourists.
I heard that Johnny Depp has an aparement in Bath. Unfortunately didn't manage to spot him there....






0 comments: