5/31/2010

An amazing week in Mküla

3

On Tuesday, after my exams were over, I packed my stuff and hurried to the village. It was supposed to be G's leaving sauna party. It was cool. One of Nicole's friends was visiting her and talked to her a lot. Her name is Tess and she wants to become a psychologist. How cool is that? Kristjan in studying psycho. There's just so much to talk about it. Fascinating. On the party there were also Karmen and her friends, Jordan with some girl, Huko, Liisu. Sauna was overcrowded. But it was a good party.
On Wednesday G was in toimkond for the last time and we helped him a lot. The food was delicious as it is always when G is cooking. In the evening there was the village leaving party for G. Before the party, I gave him my my leaving present which were dices with poses and places on them and a book by Nikki Sixx "The Heroin Diaries". There was also a lottery ticked which represents friendship. He liked the present a lot- showed dices to everybody and couple of days later told me that he had already read about 100 pages from the book. I'm glad about that. At least I nailed it with the present. During the village leaving party we danced a lot with the inhabitants and everybody said good words to G and gave their leaving presents. It was a little sad evening. After the official village party, there was a small sauna party without sauna in the village. We sat there and talked and had fun. G-s friends Peter came to the village and Jiri and Merilin were also there. Jiri gave a tin with rotten fish to G as a leaving present. It was supposed to smell really bad and most of the people didn't believe it. We made a lot of nasty jokes about the tin and finally decided to open it. Oh my freaking god! The smell was awful. We made only a small whole into the tin but it was more than enough. G went out, puking. I have never seen people moving so fast out of the sauna. The smell was just so disgusting. You can't imagine how bad it is until you haven't smelled it. Crazy. At least it was fun.
On Thursday I was 1/3 o toimkond and made lunch. After that I went to Võru because there was a folkore festival meeting. Talked about different things we have to do during the festival and and after that I wanted to go home. Before getting to my car I saw Lenka and some of her Czech friends. While talking to them I accidentally swallowed a mosquito. It didn't feel good at all. When I got home, I helped my parents to fix some computer problems and just talked to them. My mom has been so talkactive recently. I feel like I'm a real psychologist for her. At least I get to practise my future job. After being home for couple of hours I went back to the village where I wathed a movie and had a good night's sleep. I hadn't slept much until that night.
On Friday there was the village singing festival and May's birthday party which Eesti maja had to organize. The singing festival (we didn't have to organize that, luckily) was so heartwarming and lovely. When the birthday's party started then most of the people left because the party had lasted already for a quite long time. We decided to finish the party at 9. After that I put Kaire to bed and then we went to the boat bridge with all the volunteers because it was Olivia's birthday party. She turned 30. We went to a small island with a boat and stayed there for some hours. Made a campfire and chatted and kept ourselves warm. Was a really great chillout time. On our way back to the boat bridge we hit a lot of trees because two people trying to guide the sailor is not a brilliant idea. We sang a lot the song "The sound of silence" too. I guess it was the song of the night. After we got to the boat bridge, some of the volunteers left. Me, G, Olivia and Kristjan stayed until the morning and didn't go to sleep. Well, Olivia and G went to sleep but me and Kristjan had to work. We made campfire, drank and talked and had fun. I got
thrown into the river with all my clothes by Kristjan and G, because I was mad at Kristjan for taking down an alive fir. I was completely soaking wet after that but had my revenge. After getting out of the water I hugged G who got quite wet, and also Kristjan. Mwahahahah. Then I tried to dry next to the campfire until it got 7 in the morning and I had to go to work. Right now I have a sore throat, no voice, heavy cough and a very runny nose. But well, it was a great night and the last night for this time when we partied with G and well, it was Olivia's birthday! I just hope I'll get better soon.
On Saturday I was in toimkond and was really tired. Cleaned the house, too. We also had to heat the sauna but I fell asleep and Reeda did it for me. Bless her! She is a total angel. How can someone be so good? Amazing. On Saturday I went to sauna and after that tried to watch a movie but fell asleep. I slept about 12 hours alltogether. Oh, how good it felt.
On Sunday I relaxed most of the time and helped Reeda with cooking. Found out a lot of stuff what I can't write in here. Made some mushroom-vegetable soup for G for dinner, because it was the last time (for this time) he ate in the village. It's really sad he left. There are a lot of changes going on in the village and him leaving the village is already a big loss. Oh, Eesti maja held also an inhabitants meeting. After the dinner I packed my stuff and took G to the bus station as he had a lot of stuff to take with him. I was mad about my working schedule in June so I couldn't be properly sad for G leaving. Crap. Now he's gone. It was great 7 months I knew him and I hope to be in touch with him through e-mails. Hopefully he'll come back to the village in December. Well, looking forward to that. After sending G away, I went to Rõuge for Lya's birthday. Kerli and Jaanus and Ivar and Mare and Lembit were also there. Also was a person name Anne (?). Talked about a lot of things. About youth club stuff, about the work in the information centre (I used to work there for 3 summers), about boat race etc. Was a good night and got my thoughts away from all the bad stuff that happened before I left.
I really hope everything will go well and as planned. Right now I'm going to drink some more tea and write some reports and then do my homework, what I have a lot to do.
Wish me luck!


PS: I just found out that I passed my anatomy exam! Got a C! Oh, I'm so glad! :)



3 comments:

Liis said...

Right now I'm going to drink some more...

...

... tea

Nii lugesin mina seda lauset:P

Anonymous said...

Haha. Indeed.
Ei usuks minust onju?

Kaie said...

Liis, ma ka. :D

Võtsin siis praegu kätte ja viin end su eluga kurssi. Sess on läbi ju. :)

Õnnitlused anatoomia puhul!