11/07/2011

Bowling

0

Besides complaining about how much I miss Estonia, going to Leisure centre, playing guitar, planning my Scotland trip (mostly dreaming about things I'm gonna do and talking to Teele about it), sleeping, eating, watching movies, I also go to work. Yes, I haven't talked much about it here- the reason for that is simple- usually it's not much unusual going on and I'm not allowed to talk about my work in public websites, anyway.
But now I've got a little bit to talk about. Naming no names and just talking.
Well. I had my supervision and told to my mentor about everything that bothers me. Nice.
Then I've realized that EVS which in fact doesn't allow me to take any responsibilities in my work, is not the best thing for me. I need power. I need to organize things, be in charge of sth. There were couple of days when there was just me in the activities and I was basically "in charge" of it. Well, all I had to do was to get all the residents to come there, make some coffees, make sure that everything goes well (put on videos or help with the activity that was happening at the specific time) and then take the residents down again. But- it felt like I'm in charge of something. Oh, and it felt so damn good. It motivated me the best. So yes- for me to give my best at work - just give me loads to do, put me in charge of sth and I will give my best and run around like crazy and enjoy my work the most.

But. What I actually wanted to talk about was one outing that I made last week. To be more specific- I went to play bowling with two residents. It was so cool- they enjoyed it completely, me and my co-worker as well. We were laughing all the time, we took lots of pictures. And it's amazing- the place had special ramps and equipment for people in wheelcairs- so they had a ramp to put the ball on and to push it to roll towards the pins. Brilliant! The result of this day out is that in 3 weeks time I will go again with at least one of those residents I went with. Because she enjoyed it so much! After that day (Wednesday) she went on and on about it- telling me that 3 weeks and then we go again, showing me pictures that she printed out, showing me videos. So lovely. One more fact that made the residents who I went with, happier - I basically lost. I became third but the resident who was fourth lost only with couple of points. But in the second game we used special ramps on the side of the bowling trail, which prevented the ball from going off to the side of the lane. And I managed to bump my ball there many times. So basically- I lost. And they were so happy about it. Telling me the whole day that I lost. Laughing at me. My co-worker hasn't let them forget it either. They are all just laughing at me now. Well, whatever makes them happier! It amuses me as well :)

0 comments: