8/10/2011

Autumn breeze

2

It has been a week now since I had the first feeling of autumn. It's really weird- it can even happen in the middle of July or in the middle of September. But it's the feeling that tells me that autumn's not far away.
First time I had the feeling, I was driving home from one of my day trips last Thursday. The second time was today.
I was cycling to the leisure centre and there was wind blowing. But the wind was different from the usual. And the sun that was up in the sky, was also different. The colour of it had changed. The angle it was shining from, was different. Noticeably different. And the wind was cold but not too cold. And the sun wasn't warming too much any more.
I might be weird but the first notice of change of sun and wind are the signs to me that autumn's coming.

I have no idea how to describe the feeling- it's tingling, at the same time nostalgic, anxious, happy, sad. It feels like there's somethine big coming and at the same time there's something pulling your chest together and trying to suck the air out of your lungs. And at the same time you smell the fresh and cold breeze. It's the feeling that tells you things are changing. And it feels like the end of something and the beginning of something.
It's really hard to describe the feeling.
But I know that I love it. Because it feels so good.
It's tickling.

I don't know whether to be happy or not- autumn- I love it. When it's the last warm weather of autumn and it's sunny. All the trees are colourful and it's just so beautiful. But in here autumn is supposed to start in October/end of Sept. Still quite a while to go. But I guess I still have the Estonian seasonal clock programmed into me that tells me, it's autumn coming up.
I would like to be in Tartu to see it. It's the best place for enjoying this season. I don't know why, but I love it there the most.
I hope it will be nice in here, also.

It feels like the school should start, but it doesn't for me. And it's weird. I'm not used to it.

I get similar tickling feeling before the spring starts. But the components that make up this feeling are different. Yet, it's the same.

Spring feeling - click on it

2 comments:

Liis said...

Naljakas.. sa kirjeldasid seda nii hästi.. kusagil augusti esimestel päevadel muutus ka meil siin Eestis midagi.. Isegi kui oli täiesti soe ja selge ja päikesepaisteline, siis õhus oli tunda lähenevat sügist.. Nüüd muidugi on ilm eriti sügiseseks ära pööranud.. umbes 15 kraadi sooja ja vihm.. Natuke võiks ikka suve veel olla..

Maria said...

15 kraadi sooja? Sügis??? Nalja teed? Meil pole siin palju soojem olnudki....