7/16/2011

The most beautiful sunsets in the world....

1

During my whole stay in Estonia, there were really nice sunsets almost every evening. I saw all of them. I loved them. They were just beautiful.

My stay in Estonia was altogether more than astonishing! When I went to my friends' place after arriving to the country, I was the VIP guest and wasn't allowed to do anything. They had made food for me, and I got to tick off the last day in the calendar which counted the days until my visit home. We went to Zavood, had a great time there- I've got the pictures that are for the proof. The following day we walked around in hot and sunny Tartu old town, had ice creams (or coctails), went to shops, took pictures. Then we went to Tiina's place where we played carcassonne, ate my birthday cake, salad, sausages. I taught my friends to sing "Combine harvester" and they absolutely loved the song. Then they sent me to the coach station and gave me big-big hugs. It was such a lovely time.

From the coach station I went to the village where all the inhabitants greeted me. When I stepped into Sõbra maja, then one of the inhabitants jumped to my lap and hugged me so tight. Everybody greeted me and I just sat there. The life seemed to go on as if I had never been away. For them. For the next 24hrs I felt as if I had been away, although no-one else thought so. The volunteers community that I had been expecting to see, wasn't the same. The sauna-parties were quiet and ended early. Not what I expected.

Then the following day I worked in the Estonian house. Most of the people working there were the ones I hadn't worked with much. It was different. But... I was invited to take part in the rehabilitation camp trip out to Värska water park. We had much fun there, went to sauna, enjoyed bubble baths. After that trip out I felt like home again.

The following day I was working in the Swedish house. Although I wasn't supposed to me in the toimkond, I was in it for the whole day. I made Tikka Masala which the inhabitants adored and also made the cake. Everybody took 3 pieces :) I was a bit sad that I had to be in the house alone a lot, but then again I walked around in the village a lot and talked to all the people. And by that time, most of the people I wanted to see very much, had arrived to the village. Home.

Then on Friday morning my parents came to pick me up and I went to Rõuge. Had a chat with my youth club and updated them about my life. Then at home, I went for a walk with my dog and discovered he had gotten old during those 4 months I had been away. It was sad to see that. I sunbathed a little bit, jumped on the trampouline and then all my relatives came to celebrate me and my sister's birthday. By the way, when I first saw my sis, I didn't recognize her- she had turned into a babe. Really. Amazing.

In the evening I talked to all my relatives, drank some rum, ate a lot. Oh I love Estonian food!
And one of my relatives had a huge baby-tummy. Incredible.

Then, on Saturday I was working in the Sõbra maja in the village. I helped them to clean, watched little-Laura play guitar, made cake, went to Kiidjärve for a swim with Little-Laura and some inhabitants. In the evening we enjoyed a proper sauna. We watched the singing festival opening from TV. I am really happy that Little Laura will be in the village when I get back. She is so cool. :)

The following morning I drove very early to Tartu where I left my car and continued my trip on bus to Tallinn. In Tallinn I went to the place where my choir was supposed to gather for the parade. It was a hot day and it was especially hot because of the traditional clothes I had to wear. The parade was nice, we sang during most of it, I had no voice, though. Quite in the beginning of it, I twisted my ankle- again. And of course very badly. So it's still swollen up and hurts a bit. But the singing festival was lovely. I saw Teele and Sillu, my syrreal friends and Karo. I tried to predict all the songs that will be repeated from our set of songs and most of them were repeated. Oh, I almost forgot, I saw my godmother also, who gave me a lovely handwatch. But back to the singing festival- the rock songs were really good. I loved them. I loved the singing festival! It was tiny, though, compared to the last one. Lots of space on the stage- just 2 rows of people on one step, last time it was the double amount. When the singing festival ended, then people wanted to sing "Ta lendab mesipuu poole" because it was originally left out from this year's list. But then everybody just shouted to sing it, and the conductor came on the stage and started to conduct us. We sang with multiple voices, no need to teach us the song. :)
After the singing festival me and Karo walked to the bus station (in the beginning there were Kaie and Kerttu also with us but they went different directions) and also had some pizza before we drove to Tartu. I took Karo back to the village. It was all foggy- actually the fog was so thick that I couldn't see to drive properly. I got home around 3:30 and the sun started to come up already.

The next day I went to Võru, cut my hair and then went to see Maris and Maive. It was so great to see them. The only thing was that they were the only people about who I felt that I had been away for a little while. I stayed overnight at Maris's place with Maive, drank some wine, talked. It was nice to see them also. Maris cooked some typical Estonian food. Ohhhh, it was so good :) I love Estonia.

The next couple of days I was at home. I helped my parents with the gardening, collected some honey with my auntie and just relaxed. On Thursday we went to Tartu. I got to drive and almost got into accident on the roundabout. It was probably mostly the other driver's fault, but I had my part in it, also. But still, mostly it was the other driver who didn't see me and wanted to get off the roundabout from the inner lane. I was in the outer one.

We had some ice cream in Tartu and ate in Ränduri pub that's on top of the coach station. The waitress poured Guinness over us by mistake. Such a funny day. :)

In the evening I went to stay at my friend's place and we made some green and blue stripes into my hair. Unfortunately they have vanished so quickly- within 2 washes the biggest part of it was gone. We drank some rum and Vana Tallinn and then went to Zavood. Again. It was lovely over there. We didn't go to sleep that night, met some nice guys. There was also a guy who looked like from the movie "Into the wild". I asked him if he had seen the movie, but unfortunately not. But I gave him my e-mail addres. Sadly, he hasn't written me. I told him I live in the UK. Would've been nice to write with him, I think. But well, what's not supposed to be, is not supposed to be.

There were 2 guys who sat into our table and one of them was supposed to go to Australia soon. Interesting people. When Zavood closed, we went to collect my things for the apartement and then headed to the coach station. Before the bus drove off towards Riga, those guys also came to the coach station. To send me off. So beautiful! Such a lovely surprise. Unfortunately my friends went away from the station too quickly, so I don't have the contacts of those guys. Well, if we're supposed to meet again, then it will happen. I'd like to see this Australian guy again and hear about his trip.

Oh and also, before I went away from Estonia, I saw the sunrise.

I arrived with the sunset and left with the sunrise.
Then I drove to Riga where I had to stay the whole day in the airport and just try to sleep. Not very comfortable...

And then... with sadness in my soul, I took off to go back to Axbridge....

1 comments:

Kaie said...

See oli pagana ilus aeg, kui sa Eestis olid. :)

Muide, mu triibud on ka peaaegu nähtamatuks muutunud... :S