7/17/2011

Judith in the UK and the meeting in Cardiff, birthday

0

As soon as I got back to UK, there was Judith waiting for me in the airport. Timea came to pick us both up and we went to Axbridge. We stayed up very late, just talking and talking and I was really exhausted when I finally got to sleep.
The following day me and Judith went to the Gorge, ate some Indian food and then headed to Weston to have a look around.

It was really nice to see Judith in here, in the UK. She is the second volunteer who I've seen more than once after their EVS ended and she's also one of the village ex-EVS people who I've talked most since they left.

So I was really really glad to see her. Sorry for not being too detailed about the visit, but I'm just a bit tired from today and want to make as many posts as possible still.

Anyway. In Weston, we made a big picture to the sand for the tide to wash it away as the water comes back. It was about our meeting in Cardiff. Yeah. After our tiny trip in Weston, we went by train to Cardiff where we met in the train station Huko (yeah, not G). Together with Huko we went to G's place where were Liisu, G, and G's friend Becky were already waiting for us. We drank some skrumpy, talked. It was the international Maarja Küla employers-EVS meeting in Cardiff. Who would've imagined that something like this will ever happen? Not me. Anyway.... We went out to Cardiff, to different pubs, enjoyed our time out. The following day Liisu and Huko left early to go back to Estonia and G went to work. So me and Judith had a breakfast in Wetherspoons (one of the cheapest places to eat in UK) and wandered around in Cardiff. Then I had to go back to Axbridge.

But on Wednesday, Judith came here again. There was also one Hungarian girl visiting us and then all four of us (Timi also) drank some wine, talked, played some games and ate my birthday cake, because it was the evening before my birthday. Oh, it was so cool. Judith made some pasta, also! And she gave me a card from G - it's almost like a book, with many pages. I've never seen a b-day card so big! But it's lovely!
Me and Judith stayed up quite late and recorded some videos for the other EVS volunteers and then went to sleep. The following morning Timi took Judith to the airport and we said goodbye in the airport. Oh, I'm so glad to have Timi in here. She is so cool and helpful and lovely! I have to make a cake for her or sth.....

After Judith left there was still a bit time until we had to go to work, so I had a quick bath and cleaned all the dishes.

At work, everybody just came to me with cards! I was so suprised. Some of the residents had made their own personalized cards and it was so so lovely! And my co-workers also gave me some cards. Then, at lunchtime, there was supposed to be fish&chips. I found out when the lunch started that it was because of me! Aaaahhhh. Everybody just gathered to the dining room, they sang happy birthday to me and gave me a present- a bracelet and a shirt made out of local cotton. Really soft one. And then we all ate together and had a taste of my apple-tear cake as well. Everybody loved it! Hihi! It was such a lovely day. I have got all the cards up on my wall right now.
Besides the gifts from the whole staff, some co-workers gave me small personalised gifts too- a book about south-west England, candies, earrings. It was such a lovely day!

In the evening I just took it easy and relaxed because I was so tired.
My phone rang constantly, I had huge amounts of greetings in Facebook...

My birthday was a lot nicer in here than I expected it to be. It was actually really beautiful! Thank you all for making it so nice!

0 comments: