1/04/2012

Before Christmas eve and day

0

I haven't been able to blog for a while. And I don't actually have much time to do it even now, but I'll give my best to make an update of my life so far.
My time before xmas was crazy busy-  I did so much stuff that I can't even keep track on everything, but I'll give it a try.
My Christmas started on the first of December, when we put up all the decorations at our work. I got to decorate about 4 trees. On the same evening I went to see the christmas stall in Cheddar- it was nothing special, just people selling stuff on the streets and festive songs coming from the speakers. A bit like a market.I got myself a santa hat which I wore every day at work for 3 weeks. I kept myself busy with making cards and christmas presents and gingerbread for everybody.
On the 8th of December, me and my friends from the leisure centre went out for a christmas dinner. We went with all the people who do the spinning- it was nice to go and have a talk outside the leisure centre with all our instructors and just have a beer and eat some curry. And my friends- they are so lovely! I'm gonna miss them when I go home...
Also, on the same week I went to see the Bootleg Beatles in Colston Hall in Bristol with the residents. It was nice to see the band again, I discovered that the person who used to represent John Lennon, had changed. But the music was good and completely enjoyable.
On the last weekend before christmas I went to Cardiff to see G again. Hadn't seen him for more than 2 months. And we live 30 miles from each other. So I had some time in Cardiff until he finished working. I decided to walk to the Roald Dahl Plass and have a look at the Torchwood's Ianto Jones's memorial wall, look at the Millennium Centre, search for Torchwood signs. It was a lovely sunny day and I enjoyed a nice walk. I now know 3 different ways to get to the Plass from the train station.  Nice... As soon as G finished work we met at a pub next to the station and had some drinks. We then got on the bus to go to Edmondstown where he lives at the moment and which is about 20 miles from Cardiff. We stayed up pretty late, talking about our trips we had made (he went to Poland and CR, I had been to Scotland). It was a nice quiet evening. The following day I saw a little bit of the cliff that is located right behind the houses on his street. Pretty stunning, I have to say. I had to catch a pretty early bus on that day back to Cardiff, as it was Sunday and the buses in my place suck and the last one goes very early to my home. So I didn't have much time in Cardiff. But it was a nice weekend away from home.
Oh, I also have to mention- before I went to Cardiff, I played christmas songs on guitar to all the residents and sang them in Estonian and English. I also gave all the cards for the residents and the gingerbread. The whole house was full of those cookies, but surprisingly- they were all eaten by the residents and the staff and some of them were even taken home by my co-workers. Nice :)
On the last week before christmas I kept myself busy with cleaning the house, making some meatballs (kotletid in Estonian), preparing for christmas. Also- I went to the leisure centre.  We had christmas party at work (which was pretty boring as there was no entertainment besides some disco, it was nice food though), one evening we also sang some christmas songs with the reisdents.
Then, on the 23rd of Dec I went to see the pantomime "Peter Pan" in Bristol Hippodrome. The main actor in it was David Hasselhoff. I thought it's gonna be a silent play as pantomime in Estonia means this- but I was told it was supposed to be mainly focused on the children, very loud, all the children making "Yes! No! Awwwww! Yeah!" and so on noises to whatever was going on on the stage.. And lots of jokes the children don't understand and hints to Knight Rider, Baywatch and Britain's Got Talent, as Hoff was playing captain Hook and was the main character. I could say that I was laughing hard during that show. Everything I was told, was true. There were many hints to Knight Rider. Hoff was singing (he's got an amazing voice), dancing. There was a comedian telling jokes as well (the best joke was about Poundstretcher and Marks&Spencer's shop being united- you get Stretchmarks out of it). I had great fun. Got some videos about it as well. Brilliant!
And seeing the Peter Pan was the last thing at work that I did before all the crazy (and I can guarantee for sure it was crazy) christmas started.
Because as I got home, I had some visitors over at my place (Timi had her mom coming as well, but she came already two days earlier)..
But all the Christmas and my mum and sister being at my place will be told in the next post......

0 comments: