10/30/2011

Bristol Zombie Walk 2011

2


I'll start from the very beginning.
About a month ago a couchsurfing friend of mine made a post into facebook about a Zombie walk and I asked him what's it's all about. And he gave me the link to a Zombie walk group. Only the date of the walk was confirmed. So I thought I might go to Bristol on that day and have a look. Then, as couple of days passed, I decided I will go there as a Zombie and take part in it. Some days later I changed my mind again because getting to Bristol and back would have been complicated whilst looking frightening. Then, on Thursday evening, after coming home from Boot camp, I thought that oh, what the hell, I might as well dress up. Although the buses don't go and I can't stay for the whole event and so on and so on....

On Friday evening I coloured my blouse and ripped wholes into my leggings. My costume was ready. Now I just had to go to Bristol.

In Bristol I had a little bit of time to get some stuff I still needed for my Scottish trip and then I went to Cabot Circus's toilets to apply my make up. While I was doing that, lots of people had amused expressions on their faces whilst looking at me. Then I stepped out of the toilets and left the mall and then one woman about my age just saw me and jumped and screamed a little bit. Brilliant! The costume was right and working. And I already managed to frighten someone.
Walking to the gathering point was fun- everybody were staring at me with amused faces and some of them looked frightened and jumped a bit. It was so hard to stay serious and walk on without bursting out laughing. I had a hot dog and sat in one place for a while. I also topped up my cell phone and when I entered the mobile-store then the salesman over there lifted his hands as a sign of surrendering. I told him not to worry- my cell just needed food.

Then I headed towards the gathering point and on my way there I met a guy who had perfect movie make-up on and looked really scary. His name was Kyle (with blue contact lenses and whole head done properly with blood and blueish-grayish colour, and teeth looking broken) and we talked a while. Then arrived some more people dressed as Zombies. Everybody took pictures and we had to pose for some photographers and I took some pictures as well. And then some more people gathered and I saw my CS mates and talked to them and we took a group picture as well (I published it in the previous post). It was interesting to see so many people looking so great. Thousands of Zombies gathering. I'm not gonna tell whose Zombie versions came to the walk because I will just put the pictures here. But I can say that my favourite was Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompas :) They looked just brilliant.

Then came the time to start invading the central. The zombie-hord walked to Broadmead all craving for brrraiinnnnnssss. All bumping into each other. I made a very scary brrrraiiiiinnnnns-sound and walked as if I had sticks instead of my feet, my hands were stretched out and head leaning partly on my shoulder as my throat was cut by knife. I went around and touched the heads of the people and all the people were just laughing so hard. And I made altogether about 10 people scream a bit, also. We scared people in the cars, photographers, when public transport buses slowed down, we went to the windows and clinged to the bus, all thirsting for some brains. It was so much fun. And even though it was a bit cold I didn't feel it because I was so busy walking and scaring people and just simply having fun.
I couldn't do the walk 'til the end, because I had to catch the bus back home but I heard that some cunts and put some fireworks exploding in the bearpit in the audience and some idiots had climbed the police vans, so there were altogether 5 people arrested. There had never been anything like this before. And some people also took it as a political march against cuts and whatever all the people in the world are protesting against at the moment. But those were still rare exceptions. There were also civilians who were "shooting" the Zombies trying to save the earth but they obviously failed because Zombies can't die. They tried to shoot me once too, I pretended to fall down and then got up again to get their brrrrrraiiiinnnnsssss!

Anyway, on my way home I got many amuzed looks in the bus. When I waited for the bus home from Weston then one guy walked past me and told me my lipstick is a bit all over my face- I just took off my jacket and then he replied "Say no more.... " and went away, laughing.
On the bus some people came on in Winscombe and went to the Bonfire in Cheddar. They talked to me and told me I looked brilliant. One of the guys loved travelling and had camped next to the Talybont reservoir where me and G camped and then we just talked until I had to get off. The lad looked really hot, by the way.
When I got home I scared my family and friends in Skype a bit and then tried to get all the paint off from me.
And then went to sleep, having nice Zombie-dreams.
The mission of the day was accomplished- I managed to scare people and had lots of fun! I hope there will be another Zombie walk next year (the organizers doubt it because of those idiots vandalising) but this year's walk was just brilliant!


















I wish we had stuff like this in Estonia.

2 comments:

Kirke said...

Väga äge!:) Kõik zombifilmid jooksevad mu silme eest läbi aga sinu pildid näevad ikka palju ägedamad välja. Ma nagu vahepeal kuskil lugesin, et ka Tartus oli kunagi suvel mingi zombiewalk aga kindlasti polnud see sinu ajuotsingutega võrreldav.
Tekkis tohutu isu ajude järgi. Ma isegi ükskord ütlesin Kerttule, et ta mulle biomeedikumist ajusid tooks:p

Anonymous said...

That Marty McFly with the hoverhoard is me.

What a great day it was all-in-all. Nice roundup.