5/08/2011

In desperate need of friends.

0

I have started to feel kind of lonely in here during the past few weeks. Though I have Gaye in here, it feels lonely.
We are two completely different people. I like to go out to pubs, she likes it too. But she doesn't want to do it here. When I want to have a drink in the evening, then she's not that much into it. That's really sad. I've got no-one in here to go out with. Locally. Because going to further places is expensive and the buses don't run on proper times. And I haven't met people yet, at whose place I could stay overnight. So yes, I have no-one to go out with in the evenings.
Gaye has started to hang around with the other Turkish volunteer since our on-arrival, so in the weekends she has other plans. We don't travel together very much, so I have to do it alone in most cases. I've tried to ask her to come along to some of my journeys, but she hasn't been interested. So I do it on my own mostly.
We talk in the evenings and talk almost about everything, but it still doesn't feel like it. We are too different. I go to leisure centre in the evenings and she goes jogging sometimes. I cycle way too fast for her and she's not that much into cycling.
It's nice to have some company and without her I would definetely be struggling in here, but she's got the other Turkish girl to hang out with and I've got no-one. Or well, I've got my friends who are all located very far away and it's expensive to see them.
We don't talk much with Gaye. Just stay in the IT room to catch up with people or watch things from our computers. We have completely different interests. I want to travel and go sightseeing and not waste too big amounts of money on pointless things. She's not that much into that. She's more spontaneous about money than I am.

I have friends in here, but I spend too much time alone. I shouldn't complain, but I just feel lonely. It would be really nice to have someone in here, like I have people in Estonia. Even one of them would be useful.

I've met loads of people during my stay in here, but they are all mostly just passing through my life. I just meet them once and that's it.

Until I'm at work and busy with everything, it's ok. But in the evenings I would really like to have someone to visit, get away from work. Go to Axbridge. Go out for a drink.

I guess I just miss my friends in Estonia too much.

And here it is me, complaining about my life and at the same time telling everybody how great EVS is and recommending it to everybody.
It is great- it's just me. I'm used to people and good friends around me all the time. And I haven't seen many of my friends for a long time, so it has to have it's own influence on me sooner or later.

I'll just try to find some people to hang around here with and then it should pass.

I hope my London trip will make me feel better.

0 comments: