8/12/2012

They're Red Hot

0

Chili Peppers concert is somethind I definetely have to write about.
Me, Kerts, Kirke, Liis and Jens were waiting about an hour before the gates were opened, in front of them. To my big surprise, there wasn't a long line of fans waiting.
As we got in, we found ourselves a place right next to the fence that was separating the VIP area and the usual area. And we were nearly in the middle as well. So we waited there. I saw a guy who I met at the folk as well and we spoke for couple of minutes.
There were two warm-up bands this time. The first one sounded more like noise to me- they were completely unknown Estonian band called Elephants from Neptune. At least we had never heard of them.
But the second warming band- The Vaccines- oh I loved them. I alrady had listened to some of their songs and they were really good. And we danced with Kerttu through their whole concert. Brilliant!
Then there was a big break before RHCP actually came on the stage. Before all the concerts started, Flea went past the VIP-zone with a bicycle and no-one noticed. Epic fail for our fans.... :) And Chad Smith was sitting on the main stage, just watching everything before the concert started. Nice to see the band before they get on the stage.

From the organizational point of view- in my opinion the VIP-zone was too big and there was loads of empty space. Looked a bit fail.
Anyway, as soon as the RHCP got on the stage, the audience woke up and started to rock. It wasn't even close to the hardcore standing-next-to-the-fence as I was expecting, but it was rather mild pushing. But that made the concert more enjoyable. You just didn't have to fight for your life in front like when we were in the Franz Ferdinand or Biffy Clyro concert.
Josh was pretty good, I loved the fact the band did loads of jamming. RHCP were as energetic as you would think they should be (considering their age). I loved the encore because it was really nice and long and Flea said such nice things about Estonia and Chad promised to come back. Some lucky people also got the drumsticks....
Even the rain dind't stop us! We were enjoying the concert definetely. I have to compare the MUSE concert I saw last year and this one and I can't tell which one was better. I think they are even. And they definetely are the best concerts I've been to.








That money was well spent.

0 comments: