6/28/2013

My new ink

0

This spring I got myself a new ink. I hadn't made a post about 'til now, because it was all the ways finished only in June. Took altogether around 10hrs and 3 sessions to get it done. Cost me 200€ which I would say is pretty cheap for an ink with such a quality and design (which is included in the prize). The guy who did the tattoo is working in Tartu-Tattoo salon and his name is Mico Goldobin.  The needles used were 5 and 7 for the edges and 11 and 15 (if I can remember properly) for the colour.


The swallow and cornflower with corn around it are the national symbols of Estonia. The pattern on the right side is a pattern from belts that are part of traditional clothes, this pattern specifically is from my home region, Rõuge.  The worn-out circle is taken from shaman drums and is supposed to represent the world. The colourful area is meant to be sky and the fading dark areas above the circle are clouds. The pattern above is just an old-style pattern helping the tattoo to fade into my arm more gently and not with rough edges. Altogether the tattoo represents my love for the world and travelling and the love towards Estonian nature and country (I'm a bit nationalistic when it comes to Estonia). I mean to say with the tattoo that no matter how far you travel or where you are, you should never forget where you come from and who you are. It is also a reminder for myself of my lovely home country and the fact that no matter how much I travel or where I am, when I get home I will always feel the best. The tattoo represents travelling to me- in the original idea I wanted to have many different national flowers of various countries I love to be in the tattoo, but I thought that it'd get too complicated and I would have to update my tattoo constantly then. So instead I put the world into the picture as one thing and in a mythical way which I like a lot. Maybe, once when I settle down once and for all in some country, I will tattoo other national flowers of the countries I will have lived in next to the cornflower as well, but that's not gonna happen in the closer future. 

Anyway, I think it's a pretty nice ink and many thanks from me to Mico, who's a brilliant lad and was so eager to do my tattoo :)

PS: To be honest, the picture I put up here is not taken after the last session- now it looks even more alive and brighter. I just didn't want to upload the final form of it up here into the public because when people want to copy my tattoo, they will never be able to have the exact same one as they don't know how the exact final form of it looks like. Yes, I'm a bitch, but this tattoo is mine. Designed for me :)

0 comments: