4/24/2011

First sunburn of the year- check :)

1

Me and Gaye decided to cycle to Weston and back yesterday. It was altogether around 22 miles. So. It was a hot and sunny day and I wanted to go to beach and Gaye wanted to go shopping around in the city.
We started off at around 930 am and got to Weston suburbs at 11 am. Then Gaye went to one shop and I headed to the beach. Or that was my intention. But I got lost and drove a circle around the city. So it added 2-3 miles to my yourney definetely.
When I finally got to the pier and parked my bike, the place was crowded. Of course- the Easter holidays and the children are also off from school for 2 weeks already. And the day was sunny- so why not to come out to the beach? Anyway. I found my place on the sand and stayed there for 3 hrs. Gaye came sometime during my stay in the beach and we had a picnic and then she headed off. I read my book and waited for her to come back. I didn't want to do shopping. It took Gaye a little longer in shops than I expected, so I ended up with a sunburn. But who cares? I got a tan now.
In the evening we cycled back to Weston. It took us 1hrs 20 mins altoghether. So I think it would take me about an hour to go to Weston (Gaye is not very experienced with bicycles yet, but she's already 10times better she was in the beginning). I guess I will cycle to Weston on Friday after the wedding and also my workday ends and will leave my bike to John's place and will head off to Cardiff.

11 miles seemes a lot less when driving by bike than I thought it would be. I love the bicycle trail to Weston and now I know the shortcuts. Altogether 11 miles. Lovely.

It was a nice day out and today we are finishing our brilliant weekend with some cold beer that I bought today when I went to pool :)

1 comments:

Kerttu said...

Hehee! :D
Maria, kevad on siiagi jõudnud!
Käisin reedel öölaulupeol Jõgeval ja homme lähme Tartus öölaulupeole. :P *eestlased...*

Maria, toredat munadepüha!